Program and Administrative Coordinator
Swim Alberta is seeking a highly-organized individual with program planning and organizational/administrative skills to provide ongoing support in the area of athlete technical programs and administrative support to the Performance Technical Director and Executive Director.
The skills and attributes you would bring to the position include:
- The ability to assist with the logistical planning and implementation of programs – camps and funding.
- Self-organizer with effective time management, organizational and administrative skills as well as an ability to problem solve.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals.
You will have a related degree or diploma in sport administration with 1 – 2 years of related experience. You will have an understanding of the Canadian sport system and experience in the sport of competitive swimming.
Swim Alberta is the governing body for competitive swimming in the province of Alberta. We embrace employees who value excellence, integrity, innovation and collaboration and who believe strongly in our visions that “Every Swimmer has the opportunity to reach their full potential, through our mandate of govern, lead and support competitive swimming. The organization supports 50 year round swim clubs, 50 Summer Swimming Clubs, 15 Masters Clubs, 10,000 registered swimmers, 4500 officials and 650 coaches.
As the Program and Administrative Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Provide ongoing administrative support to both the Executive Director and the Performance Technical Director as needed.
- Booking of meetings
- Assisting with the preparation of reports
- Compilation of materials for meetings and note-taking/minute taking
- Compile statistics on performance of athletes, programs and the organization.
- Assist with the planning of the logistics and event itinerary for provincial camps
- Communication of camp details with participants, coaches and parents (emails and website)
- Compiling course materials for NCCP courses and booking of facilities for courses as required
- Produce and maintain provincial and national record certificates
- Provide support to sanctioning of competitions
- Support the implementation and following up on criteria for individual and program funding
Competitive salary and benefits package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Swim Alberta is located in Edmonton and this position will be based out of the Swim Alberta office.
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 21st, 2018. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three work related references to:
Executive Director, Swim Alberta